About a hundred years ago (3 months to be exact), I told you I would post pictures of the rocking chair that I helped make for a charity auction. It took me a while to wrestle the SD card from my son, whose camera I borrowed for the snap. But here they are, nonetheless.
We went with an ILLINOIS theme, since we are in ILLINI country here.
These were taken out in front of the school before the auction.
I also took "before" pictures of this rocker when it was a lowly rummage sale find,
but I seem to have lost them.
Let me just testify that it. was. ugly.
I sanded every inch of it, then primed it well.
Then the paint...
And then, decoupage.
It took forever to finish it!
At least it seemed way longer than the set of 4 dining room chairs I did last summer,
but then I got to take a breather between each of those.
Since this went to someone other than myself, I still have moments of panic that the decoupage will peel up at some point. I have a teensy bit of perfectionism when it comes to artwork.
This rocking chair was auctioned off for charity. I forgot now how much it went for, but I was happy.
After all, the labor was cheap. I had the 6th graders cut out words and decoupage them onto the chair.
I think they did a great job!
I'm going to link this post up to Tatertots and Jello and a few of the other parties in my sidebar. Please stop by and see the other great projects featured there!