Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Eyes Have It

I have already confessed my weird fascination with eyeballs this Halloween season, 
so when I saw this picture in Family Fun Magazine, I knew I had to try this out!





Do you SEE what I mean?




Don't these LOOK creepy?





I SAW even more ideas at booturtle
Here is what you will need for this project:

        • New Ping-Pong Balls (a.k.a.Table Tennis balls)
        • Electric Tealights (found at the Dollar Store)
        • A variety of Sharpie Markers
        • Your Imagination




Step 1.  Draw a creepy eyeball design on the ping pong ball. Be mindful of where the logo is so that it will not show when you attach the ball to the base.



Step 2. Use an exacto knife to cut a small X into the bottom of the ball, large enough so that you can push it in and make a hole to insert the lightbulb. (I used a pencil to push it in a little.)


Step 3. Insert the lightbulb into the hole. You may have to wiggle it a little. You want a SNUG FIT.


Step 4.  Turn off the lights and test them out!

Now, Cackle like a witch and tell your kids, "I'll bet other kids don't have creepy eyeball night lights in their rooms like you do!" Then soak up the praise while you are temporarily crowned 
the coolest mom ever! ;)




I am linking up here and to some of the parties listed in my sidebar.



UndertheTableandDreaming
giveaways

Pin It!

16 comments:

girlichef said...

These are great!! So fun...I mean, creepy ;)

Judy said...

oh my word how fun are those?! Super easy too! My boys would have a blast with these

Sourkraut said...

When I saw your link at Somewhat Simple I thought this would be some ridiculously difficult and elaborate project I could never recreate myself. Yes, I'm trying to say they look that good! Even better that it looks like something I can handle making myself. Thanks for sharing!

Patty Patterson said...

My son is an artist and he loves eyeballs, so I posted this link on his facebook. Maybe he can have some fun trying to make his own eyeballs.

blueviolet said...

I love them! Family Fun magazine is the best mag ever!

PatriciaRaeDesigns said...

thank you for commenting on my blog mean alot, I love Sora to and it fits her so well hehe....i love all the halloween fun on your blog :)

Life in Rehab said...

OMG, I MUST make these!!! Where are my Minions....

Houseful of Handmade said...

I really like these. Why do I keep finding things only a week before Halloween! Oh well, if I get them done now they'll be ready for next year, right?

Baby Sister said...

Those are awesome!!

clairesmom05 said...

Hilarious! My daughter would love this! :)

Susan @ Entertain Exchange said...

These are so fun - very clever!

Submit them in my Handmade Halloween Contest - starts now!

Susan,
http://entertainexchange.blogspot.com/
Party and Entertaining Inspiration

Envy My Cooking said...

Great blog just found it through links! If you would ever like new recipes or want share you own...please become a follower and email us.. we love to feature people!

Not Just A Mommy! said...

Hi! Followed over from Under The Table...aren't these awesome? We just did these for our Halloween party Friday, and the kids thought they were so cool!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Jami - What a fun idea! I bet they look cool glowing. I'll be featuring this today - stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Jennifer @ Muse Lodge said...

Those are awesome....and a very creative use of ping pong balls. :)

Holly said...

I am all about eyeballs...I am posting an eyeball craft tonight (not as cool as yours). Thanks for linking up...I am tickled pink over these!